Thursday, December 25, 2008

Are these the qualities of a true friend?

Sometimes I wonder what a true friend is. Maybe this is just rambling but these points are some things I have been trying to answer about what a true friend really is.

Do they?
Believe honesty above all is the best way to be.
Will always be there when they are needed.
Show up when asked and mutually agreed to do so.
Call you when they can not make an appointment.
Fulfill obligations to their “friends”
Blow you off when you need to talk with them.
Welcome you into their life as much as you invite them.

These are some of the things I have been pondering for some time. I find that some people tell you they are your friend but, when you need a friend they are not there. I have found in the past treating people as a friend and have been there if and when they needed things. Only to discover that I had been taken advantage of. I do hope that they are happy with their actions. I wonder if I should evaluate these people in my life and take actions accordingly.But I will say this, if my opinions of what a friend is wrong, then I am wrong. I am not above admitting when I error.I guess I am sitting here looking for others input. (If anyone ever does read this and gives a rat’s ass) I hate it when I let someone into my friendship and finding out I get …………on. (got to keep it clean here)

2 comments:

tborgra said...

A true friend is one who walks in, when others walk out; will love you for your faults instead of your charms; and will listen even if they disagree. True friends are comfortable in their silence, but alive when they debate. Honesty, trust and time are the greatest gifts a friend can give and a true friend asks for nothing more.

Hope this helps, if nothing else you know someone does give a rat's ass. :)

Rain Trueax said...

I think a true friend is the one who knows us and loves us anyway